Reel

Rigging TD reel:

Generalist reel:

 

I am currently interning at Qvisten Animation in Oslo Norway untill November 3rd.
My areas of expertise are Rigging, fur simulation, Yeti, scripting, modelling, light shading, design, illustration and more.
I have experience with: Nuke, Yeti, Maya, Zbrush, Topogun, Mari, Adobe creative suite, shotgun, Mudbox, Python and more.

Shot breakdown – Rigging Reel:

The Deer quadruped rig was made in my spare time at Qvisten Animation and I put effort into enabling more complex poses enabling sitting and roling.

Roomate wanted short film where I was Technical Art Director and created the character rigs. The Zombie Zack was special because he had to be able to detatch all of his limbs from his body. I scripted the creation of angle readers using maya matrix nodes to calculate the rotation of joints making it easy and reliable to drive correctives. The angle reader didn’t need any plug-ins because it was using only Maya nodes.

This is a quick demo of my rigging UI containing useful tools for speeding up processes including a autorig capable of creating modules of body parts.

 

The bear was rigged for performing martial arts with high kicks and action, but I only show the face rig in this reel. The facerig has standard poses that the animator can activate, and then tweak if needed. The rig performs well on even slow computers and deforms nicely.

Baiyun the child monk is a project done in 2013, The character has a simple body rig and a more complex face rig with wrinkles and other subtleties showing automatically when animated.


T
his last shot is a quick demo of a Python script that I wrote for the short film Roommate Wanted. It imports the correct animation cache to the correct lighting scene and automatically assigns shaders and displacement nodes. It also cleans up the outliner and creates renderlayers. This script saved much time during production and we ended up not having crunch. Other scripts were also created to speed up film creation.

 

Shot breakdown – Generalist Reel

Roomate wanted short film where I was Technical Art Director and created the character rigs. I worked on several shots in the film including this one where I matched scanned geometry of the set up to the image projection used to texture the set and set up lighting. We used photoscan to create the set. In this shot I also modelled the main character Adam so that he would be able to deform in a clay – like way, this was the goal of the art director and the model held up perfectly during animation through to lighting.

Deer model created primarily with the intend of ending up with a solid quadruped rig that could perform difficult tasks. I learned a lot from this project, and although the topology is clean I know what to do even better next time. The rig is being animated and the model holds up to most imaginative animation.

The queen of england is a digidouble project where I modelled the queen Elizabeth II of england from a model from Madame Tussauds. At least the photo reference was good. If it looks like the queen or not is up to a true britannian to decide, but I think it looks like my reference photos.

Blueheart is part of a short film project where two character have to fight. The model have been created with extreme movement and dialogue capability in mind while keeping topology lightweight. As a result the rig performs well on even slow machines.

Mr. Partially Tranquilized Brown Bear is a stylized bear quadruped project from 2012 where my main focus was on integration onto backplate with footprints being left in the snow as well as Yeti fur simulation, shading and grooming.

Esoom was a character made for a paralax image experiment but has since been cast as the second character for a short film project where he is going to fight the Blueheart character mentioned above.

Baiyun the child monk is a project done in 2013.

Skærmbillede 2014-09-28 kl. 20.13.40

This last shot is a quick demo of a Python script that I wrote for the short film Roommate Wanted. It imports the correct animation cache to the correct lighting scene and automatically assigns shaders and displacement nodes. It also cleans up the outliner and creates renderlayers. This script saved much time during production and we ended up not having crunch.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s